About Me

The Pacific Crest Trail runs ~2,650 miles from Mexico to Canada, and I want to share my journey with all of you! Please subscribe by email to receive entries automatically when I write them! Bon Voyage!

Saturday, May 4, 2013

126 walked, 48 hitched

Muhammad Ali has used my feet as a punching bag. Hanging out with Christian the lion, hottub, and Kitten. we have been hiking near each other and it's been good company.

We saw 4 different landscapes today and they changed hour by hour. There was a little more water around today which was nice because I didn't have to carry full capacity.

I ran out I cooking fuel. I was looking for HEET which is an automotive product that is perfect for alcohol stoves. I decided to hitch at Warner springs to the closest town and caught a ride in a mini convertible. The gent took me a few miles out of the way and gave me a water bottle. I got out and looked for fuel, but there was none. It took me 40 min to catch a ride back to town with a man who asked me if I have a relationship with Jesus. I got out of the car empty handed and then hike Bob announced "does anybody need extra Heet? I have an extra bottle"...

Now, my feet are in an Epsom salt bat at the top of a mountain drinking a cold beer. How did this happen? Trail magic. I forgot to mention potato salad and hot dogs.

14 miles in heat up 3000 ft down a few k.

I am thinking about root beer floats and swimming.















3 comments:

  1. Hey king!

    Great to hike with you, im done section a and on way home.
    Hey i hitched to julian with seminole. The owner of a gourmet pizza place picked us up and comped us food for 36 hours, couldnt believe it. Wait it gets better. She had an empty apartment on the 2nd story and we stayed there for two nights in luxury. Magic beyond belief.
    Hope all is well, ill try to be a shuttle at sonora pass if i can, take care, single serving

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go Ben! I'm so glad the Trail Angels are looking out for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Ben. Aubrey sent me this link. Happy trails, and I'll follow your journey with interest!

    ReplyDelete