About Me

The Pacific Crest Trail runs ~2,650 miles from Mexico to Canada, and I want to share my journey with all of you! Please subscribe by email to receive entries automatically when I write them! Bon Voyage!

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Day two, mile 42

My body hurts but it doesn't mean I'm not smiling. Another rattler, no biggie, just wait for it to get out of the way. More water today. I drank about 9 liters and peed once. My body absorbs water to lube my joints. The wilderness is getting deeper. Manzanita, oak, sage, yucca, and dudlyia (thanks Martha Oaklander!). Up one mountain in the baking sun, only to find 15 more. Spirits are high and my body is adapting quickly. The chafe issue was solved with wipes. The dried salt crystallized and rubbed me open. I am not wearing anything under til I'm healed. I stretch every day and I cannot believe the amazing things and conversations I get to have with hikers.

Another 22 miles tomorrow and a visit to Mt. Laguna

Much love
-king st











2 comments:

  1. Looks amazing Ben! I fractured a bone in my foot backpacking in the Trinity Alps this weekend but I'm healing fast and can't wait to join you on the trail!

    -Rob

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greetings, Ben! I heard of your journey from your parents. What an amazing adventure and life experience! Looking forward to following your blog.


    Safe and easy travels!

    ReplyDelete