About Me

The Pacific Crest Trail runs ~2,650 miles from Mexico to Canada, and I want to share my journey with all of you! Please subscribe by email to receive entries automatically when I write them! Bon Voyage!

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Day 5- almost to mile 100

Holy moly, the desert wants to kill us all. All the normal water sources are dry so water is dropped off every so often to the point where we only need to carry 3 liters or so.

I made instant mashed taters last night and they were incredible but I almost burned the desert down with my alcohol stove due to the Santa Ana winds.

I lost track of my friend Single Serving last night and I hope I see him again soon.

I cannot believe that I have walked 91 miles. It doesn't feel that long but it is. You begin to accept that your going to walk 9 miles before 11 am and if your really trucking, you can get 14 miles before 12:30, if u leave at 6 am.

The mornings feel a little rushed, no time to sit and drink coffee or enjoy your oatmeal. Just pack up and go

Sleeping outside has been amazing. My sleeping pad already is useless so I bought a foam pad for 10$ in Julian. Julian is a small town that is a 12 mile hitch from the trail. I got picked up by a park ranger and he told us about the towns meth problem.

I drank a tall can of beer and it was incredible. In Julian, hikers are allowed free pie but we got there 3 minutes too late!!!!!!!!!! T was clearly disappointing.

You don't realize the little things of normal life when your out here. My entire day is prioritized by water and getting over 3 mountains is usually how to get it.

Tomorrow I will go to Warner Springs, mile 109 to enjoy a shower and wash my clothes.

Cheers,
-king street















No comments:

Post a Comment